LETTER TO MY DEAR JANET – 1

111
Dear Janet,
I guess you’ve been wandering that it’s quite a while since you heard from me. Well, I have been hooked up with a lot of activities since the beginning of this year ranging from my academics to my business, professional exams and a business school I’m to attend in Barcelona, Spain soon. I’m glad you are incorporating all the lessons you’ve learnt from me in your relationship.
Janet
However, I was extremely befuddled about one of your mails I read last night. I’m at least hopeful you aren’t copying that silly Victoria’s attitude of insouciance. I have nailed it hard in my last letter to you that after the choice of eternity, the choice of who to marry is the next most delicate decision you would ever make in your life. Now, I must say that I am happy for you that you have found a guy you say you admire and esteem so much coupled with the fact that he’s been making some advances to you. That’s just conventional. That doesn’t have to be garbed in spiritualism. Recall I told you on your last birthday that if guys do not make some advances at you, it shows that there’s something wrong somewhere but I can as well feel your enthusiasm and anxiety.
You have to simply understand the discrepancy between a guy that is imperfect and a guy that does not worth it. I have given you the very foundation for a successful marriage; marry someone you love and marry someone who loves you. Even though I’m sure you did spy on the letter I sent to your counterpart, Jackson on physical attraction but listen, you can’t have a perfect suitor. You said you would have loved if he had 6 packs like Arnold Schwarzenegger, if he was 6 feet tall like Christiano Ronaldo and if he earned a 6 figure salary monthly like Mark Zuckerberg. Well I laugh in parables and capital letters because that’s 666 already, the mark of the beast! Remember? Pay attention to me, I told you when I met you in Port-Harcourt that there is nothing bad in entering into a relationship while you are still in school but I warned you never to get engaged in school. This is because in school, which is an ideal world, you determine who the best suitor is by the one who can sponsor your meal ticket in Mama Cass or Chinese Restaurant but in the real world, you know who the real suitor is by one who is able to put food on the table. Love and Responsibility are co-travellers.
The guy you are talking about is a sophomore undergraduate in your school. He obviously thrives on his monthly ‘allowee’. I know you want a guy who would take you to the movies at Venice, Austria or take you on a vacation to Akita, Japan or Baia do Sancho beach in Fernando de Noronha, Brazil. Now those things are beautiful which I’m sure he would do sooner or later in the future but you’ve got to have the right focus now. My mentor, Leke Alder would always tell me; there is sentimentality of love, but there’s also dutifulness of love too. You have to use this period to know each other’s values. Let me repeat myself again; never marry someone you don’t know unless you are the type that like surprises. Apart from spiritual compatibility, you must also have intellectual compatibility together if you want this relationship to lead to marriage. I would share the kinds of values you guys must have together in my next letter to you soonest! I wish you a very successful relationship ride.
111
....
....

No comments

Powered by Blogger.