DINNING WITH SATAN EPISODE 1

111
I couldn’t bring myself to believe it but I tried as I could to disengage my senses from the supposed claws of dream by wiping my face with my hand. I was unable to bring myself back to real life, and that was when I got to know these afterall is no dream, it is real and I couldn’t get myself out of the dawning reality.
Satan
“I am with Satan, as he is here now right in front of me”, I told myself.
But the room was too air conditioned than to be hell. Even if it was, I don’t give a damn and I would have preferred been there forever than return back to the one room apartment. It’s an apartment where my family and I usually packed ourselves like sardens. We have to fight the heat that forced its way to our room with the only old hand fan which my father bought on an only God-knows-when-day. I sat there not knowing what to do than just watch the man. I and some others had out of what I now call ignorance cursed profusely. Though I was still sitting there with him, I could remember the song we usually sang in the church which is “satan comot for road o, I carry Holy Ghost fire, me I no get break o, I go jam you for road”. I spanked myself for remembering such songs and even wished Satan did not see my heart lest I’ll be landed in hot soup.
“Did you bring any spoon with you?”, a voice that sounded more angelic than womanly disrupt my thought as I brought my cousciousness to cooperate with the reality on ground.
Before I could say Jack Robbinson, he had pulled out a long spoon from an old spoon case and put it infront of me leaving me with the option of taking or leaving it. At first, I wanted to pretend formality in asking him to give me a smaller one, but remembering the proverb “whoever will eat with the devil must use a long spoon”, I quickly shoved aside the thought and took the spoon, then I began to use it in shoveling down my throat the tastingly delicious contents in the silvery plate in front of us both.
My mouth reacted to the new development with uninhinderably gushing saliva. My mouth that has been fed with Gari and Kulikuli responded with full fledge munching of the contents having no respect for any formality.
After sometime, the food found my Gastro intestinal tract as a well tared road on which it can travel. I began to feel concerned at the disposition of my host who at that moment was only looking at me instead of eating. Something than that was actually happening to me, I feel more pangs of hunger dealing heavy blows on my stomach my stomach instead of having a feeling of satisfaction.
And that was when Satan looked up and spoke.
“You are worried as to the reason why I’m not eating right? He said peering through my eyes with his blue eyes.”
I nodded in affirmation as sarcastic laugher began to form in his once business minded countenance.
“Well if I will eat with you I must strike a bargain with you,
And what is that?”, I asked despairingly.
“You will lend me your soul’…
(Till next week)
111
....
....

No comments

Powered by Blogger.